Monday, 19 December 2011

Signage



Greetings readers, recently I have been working on hand painted signs for interior and exterior decor. I've just finished two of them - a name plaque for a wee gorgeous girl called Libby Ursa W., and a Plas Newydd home sign to hang at the end of a drive. Both experimental, I've never painted a bear or acorns before, but am pleased with the results.



Libby's was painted with acrylic, sanded to give it a more natural effect, and finished with fabric, ribbon and button applique. The little bear is her symbol (Ursa). Similar to the Evie plaque in design, whilst a little different too, as each plaque is handmade and no two will ever be exactly the same.



The house sign is on a bright background so it can be easily spotted on the country road, especially in the dark, and has acorns and oak leaves because there are old oak trees on the land. For some reason, I just wanted to carry on painting leaves onto this one...worked hard to not get carried away with swirly branches!



Both plaques are completely different and both have been given my undivided love and attention. I even worked on them whilst the heating was off, wearing earmuffs, gilet and a thick woollen scarf in the study (had also just taken my gloves off). That's dedication!



I've a fair few more signs to do and can't wait to see how they turn out. Some are Christmas related and others will be more name plaques and seasonal decor. Check back in the new year to see pics!

1 comment:

  1. Really talented soul here. =)

    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete