Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Safaris and Fantasies

Greetings ladies, menfolk and ramblers...or as the saying goes something along those lines? The Jubilee fever has sort of passed, my orders are being dreamt up, mulled over and attacked with creative spirit, and summer is really trying to return to North Wales.
I have ingested some heat and safari mania in my latest plaque, where I decided to create an optical illusion! The name plaque, on a name plaque...where the name plaque IS the name plaque!! Basically, my plaque is painted around sections of the wood to give the impression that the wood is on the plaque itself...am I confusing you yet? How muddily.
Take a look, I am proud of this little creation for a little boy who loves tigers. I have never painted or even drawn a tiger before, nor a giraffe, or zebra, so have been not so silently promoting my work to colleagues at the 'day job'. Yet again, this little dude is something I've created with hours of love, painstaking tenderness and care, and giving him away is somewhat heartbreaking....but the smile it'll put on a little boy's face more than makes up for the loss.


Am considering being able to make these plaques full time...but the question is how do I manage to charge their worth in terms of the hours I put in to make them? At the rate they're being sold, they're an absolute bargain. All originals too. I wonder how people would feel if I painted many different themes, but was able to alter the name on them and then print those images off. Would that steer too far from what I love doing most? Painting on wood and leaving my mark? It's a costly little venture I have here, and am wondering how best to move forward with it all...Answers on a postcard! I love receiving postcards, no really! Give me handwritten any day...

No comments:

Post a Comment