Monday, 30 July 2012

Oh, I do like to be beside the sea...

 
With 24 hours to go before little 10 year old Alfie's birthday party, the girls are asking me what they could buy him for a present....what do I know about 10 year old boys!?
Having just printed off 40 odd pages of lettering for making stencils for a range of wooden letters I spot an opportunity to make little Alfie a unique gift. My daughter Eden is his girlfriend after all, so something special would hopefully keep her in his good books.
Previous wooden blocks have been the colourful lettering only, some with the occasional design - Jubilee theme, Christmas - however this time, with it being summer, I decided to opt for a nautical theme and put my lovely Craig&Rose1829 colours to use. Sticking to a blue-green range I also decided to add a touch of class to the rear of the letters by painting on white images relating to the seaside.
All things nautical, I am really pleased with how these have turned out, and as with all experiments I will be looking to produce more of this 'Alfie' nautical range in the future.
Next up will be some letter block designs for little girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment