Friday, 1 March 2013

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

Boreda folks! It's St David's Day today which means that Wales is celebrating its patronage with an abundance of red, white and green colours. It also means that we're already in March, Spring is here and the year is flying!


What is also flying is the speed at which this little venture has taken off. It has officially become a business, its roots firmly in Welsh soil. The past few weeks have been a haze of activity, all good, all positive, all exciting! Application forms have been sent in for Helfa Gelf Art Trail, Glasdir Spring Craft Fair, and Denbigh Eisteddfod, with sights set on more of these events to embrace the arts culture in Wales.
Networking, a new phenomenon for eden with pencils, began with a speed networking event at Patchwork Pate in Ruthin courtesy of Margaret Carter, mentor to the Goddesses, where I was able to present and listen to fifteen other creative and individually inspiring women who also run their own businesses. Part of my 2013 resolutions were to learn a new skill, so having met lovely Laura at the event, I signed up for her Bunting Workshop at her hidden gem of a studio in Mold. Laura runs other workshops too as part of her upholstery business Laura's Attic. Laura's sewing skills are incredible!
Check out the bunting I managed to make under the watchful guidance of Laura Capper!


Buzzing from the evening's impression on me, I ventured further to meet and kindle a kindred relationship with Rhewl's Hazel at Homewood Bound, Ruthin's Elle from Elle & Vintage, Lynne from Denbigh's very own handmade stockist Make the Most of  Dinbych, the delightfully delicious Denbigh Chocolate Shop's Mark (boss) and Nia (real boss) and superbly talented Holly Edwards Photography from Llanelidan. I am also really excited about meeting up at Patchwork for more networking and business mentorship.
I have quite a list of people and businesses with whom I would love to share my gifts, and if you spot my items on sale please let me know!
Recent commissions are slowly being posted on my facebook page, as they need to be delivered first. Here's a recent Nautical Bunting for a new 2013 baby boy, Woody. I just love these muted colours, and the simple nautical motifs on the back.




So as my first blog post of the new year (I know, it only took me two months!) I am pleased to be able to write with positivity, a warm glow around my heart (not just the coffee), and a change in perception about what it means to be capable, disciplined, and ready. Whilst developing my unique bunting tiles for all sorts of occasions, the plaque prints are coming along, the AlphaCubes are on show at the Sugar Plum Tea Room, and ideas are being whipped up for 2013's new adventures. It will surely make for an interesting year.

I hope to see many of you at my Craft Fair events or at my studio in September. I am  learning Welsh and will happily try it on some unsuspecting passers by...until then, Hwyl Fawr!

No comments:

Post a Comment